This Community is for those Waldorf homeschoolers who wish to work with the Christopherus curriculum. It is also for Waldorf teachers who use Christopherus to support their work.
It would be nice to have no rules…to simply say that our ethos is mutual respect and support. But…such things can mean different things to different people! So, a few rules:
1) Please do not sell or swap Christopherus or any other curriculum materials here.
2) This is not the place for discussing or comparing curriculum material: this is mainly because it puts me in an awkward position as sometimes I feel I really cannot comment!
3) No photos or videos of children here.
4) It is probably best if we avoid politics…although folks sometimes make assumptions about who a Waldorf homeschooler might be, after over 20 years in this work, I certainly have discovered that this community includes the entire political and social spectrum–and that we come in a beautiful range of religious, ethnic, class and cultural backgrounds.
5) We can try to discuss vaccination as this is an important health issue for children….let’s see if we manage!
6) Back to an ethos of respect, I do want to stress that we do not seek to all think the same here–diversity of opinion, thinking and perspective is as important as diversity in all its other manifestations! Let’s just remember, however, that while there are many ways to Waldorf homeschool, Christopherus does have its own clear path, intention and aims.
7) I reserve the right to say to any member or the group ‘hey–I think that went a bit too far’ or ‘We need to close this topic now.’
Please respect the following community guidelines to maintain an enjoyable environment:
- Keep conversation respectful, without personal attacks
- Don’t blow up other members’ feeds. If someone isn’t responding to you, let it be
- No pornography
- Keep out behavior that could be seen as trolling/spamming
- Relax, be yourself, and enjoy